LGBTQ+ rights are human rights that must be guaranteed against the unconstitutional attempts to disenfranchise our LGBTQ+ citizens. As the LGBTQ+ community is a broad and diverse group of Americans, any action in support of LGBTQ+ rights must take into account the intersection of identities and systems of oppression affecting the community.
- Pass a new Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) ensuring protection again discrimination based on race, gender, gender identity, disabilities, faith, religion, creed, etc, as well as providing due process and equal .employment and housing opportunities for all Americans, including LGBTQ+ Americans.
- Ensure LGBTQ+ people have comprehensive health insurance that covers their needs without discrimination from health providers.
- Support the Student Non-Discrimination Act to protect LGBTQ+ students against bullying and discrimination in schools.
- Support the Equality Act to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in housing, employment, and public education.
- Prohibit conversion therapy for minors nationwide.
- Provide in-school counseling and mental health resources to mitigate the high rates of suicide and depression among transgender youth.