In a highly competitive global economy, we need the best educated workforce in the world. To ensure we reach this goal we must fully fund universal early childhood programs and our public schools.
Millions of bright young people cannot afford college and/or leave school with debt that burdens them for decades.
We need to:
- to dramatically reduce college debt and pay for it by imposing a tax on Wall Street speculators
- make tuition free at public colleges and universities
- stop the federal government from making a profit on student loans
- substantially cut student loan rates
- allow Americans to refinance student loans at today’s low interest rates
- allow students to use need-based financial aid and work-study programs to make college debt free